Saturday, March 31, 2018

March

March has finally come and gone, and it was definitely one to remember. The cold weather has finally been subsiding, get-togethers are becoming more common, and the sweet smell of BBQ's are in the air. Through this month we had our cumulative shelf exam which we've been working towards since the day we got here in July. Now that it is over I can shift my full attention to my MCAT that is in 21 days. However, I also was able to finish up my volunteering this month as well!

This month I decided to volunteer for the tough mudder. This race is something that hits home for me in a few ways. First, its very focused on military values and is a partner with Team Rubicon. Coming from a military family It is nice to know I'm helping out a company that supports putting our values veterans back into the workforce. Over the course of a few days, we put up the obstacles, made banana pops, and set up the big vendor booths. During the actual mudder, we helped out the mudders get through obstacles, food/water, and encouraged them throughout the race.

To close this out I'll be continuing to search for a job and starting to work on my medical school application in the coming months.

See you in April,

Thanks,
Pierce Spencer

March Hours: 16
Total Hours: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment